Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In recent times


Lots of visiting has been happening, and I love it! Two weekends ago, my parents came to town on Friday and Saturday to check in on my new life (ha) and more so to celebrate my mom's birthday. It was a great time, except I was bad about taking photos to document the visit. I did, however, get these:

Mom with some of her presents

Saturday lunch at Busboys and Poets
I wish I had gotten a photo at her birthday dinner on Friday night at La Tomate's Italian in Dupont Circle, but the food wasn't as good as you'd think it be.

This past weekend Amanda came down from New York to visit. BFFs for 10 years (literally!) and still kickin'. I love when we get together because we love the same things: food, excessive sleeping-in, more food, shopping, buying crap we don't need, going out and dancing ridiculously...you get the picture. Oh, and we love movies, even if the ticket-taker said we were "too early" and denied us initial entry to"No Strings Attached" (why is it $11 for a matinee?), which normally would be obnoxious, but I think we were quite delirious at that point it didn't matter. For the record, go see the movie, it's hilarious.

This weekend we were also asked not once but TWICE if we were sisters. This is quite amusing to us as we look nothing alike. Maybe it's all the Forever21/H&M coordinated clothing.

We went out in Georgetown on Saturday night which was my first time out in Gtown since moving to DC. I didn't take many pics, but here are some random ones from the weekend:

Amanda's poor "oops...wrong cookie" fortune

Cupcakes at Crumbs Bakery
Well, that was easy.

View from Sunday rooftop brunch
Soooo good. (I don't know why my potatoes look like raw beef mendalions in this photo?)
Needless to say, two excellenttttt weekends.

1 comment: