Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Three weeks and still kickin'

So I kind of suck for not updating more regularly, but I should have put a warning label on this blog anyway stating I'm not a huge blogger in the first place (weird as it is because I do love writing). But that's besides the point...and a possible excuse for my blogging laziness ;)

BUT, I do have a fun weekend to update! Eric flew up to visit me this weekend and it was super fun, especially because he had never been to DC prior to this trip, thus allowing me to play DC tour guide all weekend. Instead of writing about it, here's some snapshots from the weekend:

We had dinner at Logan's Tavern (in Logan's Circle, SURPRISE) on Friday night...it was wildly YUMMY. I had some of the best meatloaf ever. Go ahead and laugh at my entree selection, but I'm telling you, it was DELISH.

Drinks at Local 16...although they're unpictured here. Too bad we didn't get a shot of Eric's Gatorade-flavored drink (at least to my taste buds).

The obligatory White House shot
Downtown near my office plus a good view of the capitol building
Lincoln Memorial. The Washington Monument is supposed to be in the background but...

Ordered hot chocolate at Starbucks but took someone's cup of coffee. Oops!  Good thing we were using it as more of a hand warmer than anything anyway!
National Air and Space Museum
On the Mall...note Eric's awesome CIA toboggan haha

Monument in the evening


Dinner at Floriana's on Saturday night. Their food rocked! Love the guys next to us, too...
Starting Sunday off right with a trip to Chinatown
We ordered fried pig intestine at lunch (only as an appetizer, don't worry) just because we could. For anyone who is wondering...yes, it does taste just like crap.

Getting my Bonnie and Clyde on at the Crime and Punishment Museum
A picture says a thousand words, so I'll leave the weekend at that. It was awesome!

In other news, DC is getting its first "big kid" snow since I've moved here (got to leave work early, booyah) ...which, by the way, I was leaving Apex right about this time exactly three weeks ago to move here. Can't believe it's only been three weeks because I feel like such a Washingtonian already. I'm so happy with how my life is shaping out right now. All I have to say is that 2011 has rocked my socks and it's only January!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment