Saturday, January 15, 2011

Here's to catching up on some zzz's

YAY for a three day weekend! While I've had a great first week at work, nothing compares to getting to sleep in this morning.

After having so much going on in the last month and half and experiencing so many new changes, it's nice to finally settle down and fall into some sort of routine. Never did I think I'd appreciate monotony, but I seem to almost be embracing it right now (although I'm sure it'll get old by the end of next week, HA). I think the adjustment from a college student's schedule to a working 9 to 6er's schedule has definitely been noteworthy, but I know I'll get used to it soon. I've usually been somewhat of a decent night owl; I'm usually not tired until 1:00 or 1:30 a.m., but this week I've been ready to pass out by 10:30 p.m. I get home around 7:00 p.m. each night, so thanks to my new sleep schedule, this gives me approximately three hours of a "normal life" after work before I'm ready to completely zonk out. What gives?!

Today I'm planning to either go downtown or do some shopping. I think we all know what will win, but I'm trying to avoid shopping at all costs right now (pun intended). But it doesn't really count if I'm shopping for shoes for work, right? ;)

I'm also excited for Restaurant Week here in DC next week. I've already made reservations at an Italian restaurant in Dupont called Floriana for next weekend that has received great reviews online. YUMMMMMM.

Happy long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Restaurant recommendations (you know I can't resist):
    - Meskerem, which I think we tried to eat at when you visited me? It's an Ethiopian restaurant in Adams Morgan.
    - Karma Kitchen in Dupont Circle. It's only open on Sundays, but you pay as much as you can for wonderful Indian food.
    - Baked & Wired has the best baked goods in DC, in my opinion. In Georgetown.

    DO IT. Love you. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete